Datasheet (0.7 MB)
Bitdefender SharePoint Security
Bitdefender Security for SharePoint provides antivirus and antispyware protection for your Microsoft SharePoint Server. Bitdefender Security for SharePoint scans files uploaded into and downloaded from document libraries and lists, in real-time, with excellent cleanup rates and an option to quarantine infected files. This solution allows safe team collaboration inside business networks, while preventing infected files from compromising the confidentiality of business activities.
- Superior antivirus and antispyware protection
- Proactive heuristic protection against zero-day threats
- Tight integration with Microsoft Virus Scanning API to optimize and accelerate the scanning process
- Real-time and on-demand scanner for permanent file protection
- Comprehensive reporting on scanned files and alerts
Bitdefender is using advanced integration technologies with the Microsoft’s SharePoint Server to ensure minimal system degradation and maximum operational performance.
- Windows Server 2003 with SP1
- Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server 2003
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 2.0, 3.0
- Internet Explorer version 6.0 or higher
SECURING SHAREPOINT WITH Bitdefender
Bitdefender Security for SharePoint provides proactive protection of organization’s document repositories against known and unknown malwares to prevent sharing infected files within the network.
- Award winning virus detection, cleaning and quarantine
- Integration with Microsoft’s Virus Scanning API to optimize and accelerate the scanning process
- Scans file traffic ensuring real-time antimalware protection to minimize the risk of malware propagation throughout the network
- Scans and fingerprints “read-only” files just once during the same session and only re-scans them if there is a new session, an update or an infection in the system
- Quarantine’s infected or suspected files, minimizing risk of propagation
- Mail archive support for Dbx, Mbx, Pst, Mime, Mbox, Hqx, Uudecode, and Tnef file form
- Integration into SharePoint’s management UI simplifies configuration and reporting tasks, reducing resource overhead
- Minimizes network downtime to increase operational efficiency
- Allows scheduling of on-demand scans, minimizing the impact to server resources and the user community
- Allows remote configuration from any computer in the organization through a web configuration console
DEFENSE IN DEPTH
Bitdefender Security for SharePoint is just one element in a comprehensive suite of solutions providing end-to-end network protection from the gateway to the desktop. Bitdefender’s proactive, multi-platform products detect and stop viruses, spyware, adware and Trojan threats that can compromise your network integrity.
ADVANCED, PROACTIVE DETECTION
Bitdefender's award-winning scan engines have been recognized by leading certification bodies, - including ICSA Labs, Virus Bulletin, and West Coast Labs - for their unmatched proactive antimalware protection. Bitdefender provides multiple levels of advanced protection.
Bitdefender Security for SharePoint provides award winning virus detection,
management and reporting features to enable the sharing of information
safely throughout an organization.
Antivirus - In addition to signature based detection, Bitdefender provides heuristic detection that emulates a virtual computer-within-a-computer, checking all files and code for malicious behavior. This technique produces fewer false positives and significantly higher detection rates for zero-day and unknown threats.
Signature and Heuristic Detection - In addition to signature based detection, Bitdefender provides heuristic detection that emulates a virtual computer-within-a-computer, checking all files and code for malicious behavior. This technique produces fewer false positives and significantly higher detection rates for zero-day and unknown threats.
Trojans and Root Kits that are designed to allow remote access to a computer system can be detected by Bitdefender's scanning engine. Detecting and preventing these types of threats manually can be time consuming and often lead to a complete system reinstall if improperly removed.
Antispyware - Bitdefender detects and prevents known spyware and adware by using file scanning methods to prevent infections by spyware leading to outbound data leakage.
GRANULAR SCAN CONFIGURATION AND MANAGEMENT
Bitdefender Security for SharePoint provides on access, on-demand and scheduled scanning methodologies to detect malicious code and use for file quarantine for any infected or suspected files to safeguard the integrity of the SharePoint repository.
Hourly updates are provided for new virus definitions and new product updates can be deployed during a scheduled maintenance window, ensuring your Bitdefender Security for SharePoint deployment is current with the very latest threat protection - without disrupting your network.