How to delete a file permanently using Bitdefender
If you want to remove a file permanently from your system, you need to delete the data physically from your hard disk.
The Bitdefender File Shredder will help you to quickly shred files or folders from your computer using the Windows contextual menu, by following these steps:
1. Right-click the file or folder you want to permanently delete, point to Bitdefender and select File Shredder.
2. Click on DELETE PERMANENTLY.
3. A confirmation window appears. Click YES, DELETE to start the File Shredder wizard.
4. Wait for Bitdefender to finish shredding the files.
5. The results are displayed. Click FINISH to exit the wizard.
why is it necessary to shred files vs just rightclicking and deleting the file
When you shred a file, it will be difficult to recover the contents or undelete the file