In situations in which you cannot access a particular device, Bitdefender must be set to automatically allow connections to and from the IP address respective device. This means you’ll have to set a firewall rule for the device. To add a new rule, follow the steps detailed below:
1. Open the main Bitdefender interface.
2. Go to the Protection window.
3. Click the Settings button in the FIREWALL module.
4. Go to the NETWORK ADAPTERS tab. Click on the box corresponding to your network adapter and select Home/Office.
5. Go to the SETTINGS tab.
6. Click on Edit stealth settings.
7. Set the switch corresponding to your network adapter to Off (grey switch). After that, click on OK
8. Now go to the RULES tab and click Add rule.
9. In the upper part of the window, set the switch to YES, to Apply this rule to all applications.
10. Go to the Advanced tab.
11. Next to Custom Remote address, set the switch to On. Then, under it, type the IP of the device you want to connect to in its corresponding field.
NOTE: You can also specify the port for which the rule will be available. If you do not specify the port, the rule will apply to all ports.
12. Click OK.